As the owner and coach of Strength Sports Gym, and a competitive powerlifter, I am dedicated to the development and success of individuals who train for personal and competitive purposes in a variety of sports. I was originally driven to open my own gym so that I could provide a supportive and motivating environment with the best training equipment available to enable people (myself included!) to reach their strength and sporting goals.
Over the past few years I have coached and programmed more than 30 lifters into official powerlifting competitions – that includes both national and international competitions with Powerlifting Australia (IPF Affiliated). The individuals I have coached have had a range of experiences, from complete beginners who have never lifted a bar to elite-level lifters who rank in the top 10 in Australia. In particular, in the past two years, SSG has had many lifters represented in the top 10 in Australia for their respective weight divisions, and top 20 overall for both men and women across all divisions. In my experience, I have trained and coached Australian, Commonwealth, Oceania & IPF World record holders in sub-junior, junior, open and masters level powerlifting competition. In addition, I have had the pleasure of coaching and programming many more lifters at Strength Sports Gym who have improved their strength and technique in powerilfting, weightlifting, strongman and a wide variety of other sports.
Coaching people in their respective sports to achieve their goals has given me a great deal of personal satisfaction and allowed me the opportunity to watch people achieve goals they never thought were possible – the best part of my job!
Overall, my experience as a coach has been enriched by the success and achievements of the individuals (young and old) that I have, and continue to, coach.
To view some of the incredible achievements of our members, check out our Youtube Channel.
If you are interested in my own achievements in strength sports, feel free to check out the videos, photos and results below.
- 1st Ranking – Ranked 1st in Australia in the Raw 105kg Division – April 2017
- 1st Place – IPF Commonwealth’s – Raw 105kg Division – December 2015
- 1st Place – IPF Pacific Invitational – Raw 105kg Division – October 2015
- 2nd Place – Australian National Champs – Raw 105kg Division – April 2015
- 2nd Place – Oceania Powerlifting Champs – Raw 105kg Division – December 2014
- 2nd Place – IPF Commonwealth/Oceania’s – Raw 105kg Division – December 2013
- 1st Place – Gold Coast Powerlifting Comp – Raw 105kg Division – September 2013
- 4th Ranking – Ranked 4th in Australia in the Raw 105kg Division – 2013
- Top 20 in Australia – Ranked 18th across all Divisions – September 2013
- 1st Place – Brisbane Cup Powerlifting Comp – Raw 93kg Division – June 2012
- 1st Place – Matti Tikka – 160kg Bench – Raw 93kg Division – November 2012
- 6th Ranking – Powerlifting Australia – Raw 93kg Division – August 2012
- 1st Place – QWA Weightlifting Grand Final – 94kg Division – November 2010
- 4th Ranking – Queensland Weightlifting Association – 94kg Division – 2010
- 2nd Place – OZ Strongman Competition – 2009
- 5th Place – Amateur Strongman National Championships – 2009
- Regional & State Rugby Representation – 2004-2007
- Australian Powerlifting Team Coach – NCAS Accredited (2013 – Present)
- Level 1 Powerlifting Coach – NCAS Accredited (2013 – Present)
- Powerlifting Australia National Referee – (2013 – Present)
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Coach ASCA – (2010 – Present)
- Certified Personal Trainer – (2006 – Present)
- Competitive Powerlifter – (2012 – Present)
- Competitive Weightlifter – (2010)
- Competitive Strongman – (2009)